Here are the best tools provided to analyse and filter out your results.
Here you will find everything related to the blue sidebar Toolbox functions
You need to make rankings in your search before using this function.
- Click on export.
- Choose what format you want to export to.
- Excel ranked - Exports all ranked patents to a excel document.
- PDF ranked - Exports all ranked patents to a pdf document.
- Word ranked - Exports all ranked patents to a word document.
- USPTOIDS - Export all ranked patents to a XML file.
- Remember to unpack the zip file and open the .xdp-file. Read more USPTO.
- Excel all - Exports all patents from your search ranked or not.
This is used to filter out patent based on your ranking of them.
- First click on the ranking you want for the document.
- Noise grey - not relevant to your idea.
- Backround green- only background information was retrived.
- Related orange - relevant prior art is present.
- Similar red - indicates a match found.
- Click on "my evaluation" to toggle it ON.
- Select filter based on rank.
- E.g. Select unrated to see all unrated document in your search.
- With the tool toggled OFF all documents will be visible regardless of ranking.
Rankings you make will be visible across all versions.
When this tool is active, quickview and extended family will be hidden.
This function is used to show a more compact view of the results showing patent number and titles.
- Toggle hightlight ON.
- Open hightlight (right side panel).
- The tool comes with a pre-defined keyword profile called Default.
- To create a custom profile press “new” and choose a profile name (eg. profile 1).
- Click save.
Info Default profile
The Default keyword set can be saved to a new profile and then changed.
Highlight profiles are saved and can be used i multiple projects without having to create a new one everytime.
Highlights are also supportet in fullsize document view.
- Select the profile in the drop down menu.
- Click "delete" to delete the selected profile.
Adding and removing Keywords
- Click “+Add group” button.
- Fill in your keywords.
- All keywords in the same group will have the same colour code.
- You can also have multiple keywords in the same group.
- You can create up to 10 different keyword groups.
- To delete a keyword group, click x in the upper right corner.
- To delete a specific keyword. Click on it and use "backspace" on your keyboard.
- Click save when done adding or deleting groups.